How can we help?
Talking to a friend or relative and venting your feelings can make you feel better. Sometimes, just having someone who listens and cares solves a major part of the problem. But even those closest to you are often ill-equipped to provide you with the help you need.
Solace provides an unbiased perspective and professional guidance. Our mental health services can help you brainstorm solutions you may not have thought of, or knew about. With the assistance of a professional, you can explore what you’re going through in greater detail than you could with others. We have trained mental health professionals who can help you understand what you’re feeling, and educate you about the cause of your problems. We’ll help you overcome emotional difficulties, and make positive changes in your life.
How do we operate?
We facilitate your battle with psychological challenges by providing a holistic therapeutic approach.
- We help you heal from your trauma to be able to become a more productive individual.
- We operate from an open-minded and non-judgmental place.
- We aim to provide an empathic, genuine, and caring relationship, where you feel valued and understood; a relationship through which you can grow by moving away from pleasing others, and towards introspection, openness to new experiences, acceptance of others, and self trust.
- We believe that the power and direction for change comes from within you.
As human beings we have an innate tendency towards growth and development. The movement towards this desire becomes natural when we experience the types of relationships stated above. The absence of these healthy relationships, especially in early life, may create psychological distress and dysfunction that impede self-growth and a self-esteem.
What can we help with:
Anxiety and Panic
Depression or Low Mood
Childhood Abuse / Neglect
Stress and Worry
Relationship and Family Issues
Loss and Grief
Workplace and Career Issues
Family Life Management
New Muslim Challenges
Life Changes (divorce, existential crisis, loss of a job)
Sexual Orientation & Gender Dysphoria Issues
What we do not do:
- Although our practices are in line with Islamic teachings, we don’t give you diagnosis based on your emaan
- We don’t judge you based on your educational or cultural background, wardrobe, ethnicity, gender, or age.
- We don’t label you based on your mental health condition
- We don’t prescribe medication
- We don’t give any other diagnosis.