1. Information You Provide to Us Directly
If you make any purchases through our services, such as for online counseling, we may collect certain information regarding your purchase as necessary to process your order. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to your name, credit/debit card information. We do not access, store or collect your credit/debit card information.
Communications, Support Requests, Potential Abuse:
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you access our site, including browsing our services, training, courses or other site pages, we collect certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation:
Usage statistics about your interaction with the services, including registration form visited, time spent on pages or the services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the services used, date and time, and other information regarding your use of the services.
Geolocation Information: IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine your approximate location, such as the city, state and/or country associated with an IP address.
3. Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Like many websites and app providers, Solace may use server log files and automated data collection tools, such as cookies, tags, scripts, device, and browser fingerprints when you access and use our services.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
Solace may use the information we collect through your use of the services to:
Provide, administer, and facilitate your use of the services, including to display customized content;
Process or fulfill your request(s) and/or order(s) for mental health services, courses, products, services, information or features;
Communicate with you concerning your account by:
- Responding to your questions or concerns;
- Emailing you information or providing in app messages about your counseling session, bookings, payment status, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available services, which you can opt out of at any time;
Understand and improve the Services and develop new products, services or features.
5. When and How We May Share/Disclose Your Information with Third Parties
About You with the assigned Counselor and the Solace supervisors:
We may share intake form registration Information, chat queries and relevant emails and profile information with the counselor assigned.
6. How to Delete Your Account and what Happens when Your Account is Terminated or Deleted